Google AdWords offers a couple of different tracking methods including Remarketing and Conversion Pixels.
Conversion pixels allow you to track events, such as a link clicked, where Remarketing pixels allow you to simply keep track of who clicked on those links so you can market to them again later. This guide focuses on the creation of Conversion Pixels specifically.
How to Create a Conversion Tracking Pixel
- Log into your Google Adwords account
- On the top of the screen, click the Tools menu, then select Conversions
On the next screen, choose + Conversion
For the Conversion Source, choose Website
On the Configuration Settings screen, fill out the values as you see fit. For Category, we recommend Lead.
Once you're happy with your settings, click Save and Continue.
On the next screen, copy the entire code, then head over to your Geniuslink dashboard.
Adding your pixel to Geniuslink
- Log into your Geniuslink account.
- Navigate to the Account page
- Click "Add a Pixel"
- Paste in the code in its entirety and click save.
- Navigate to the links page
- Create a new link
- Under the pixeling section, select the pixel(s) you just created (or add a new one by selecting "Add new pixel...").
- Save the link