Google AdWords offers a couple of different tracking methods including Remarketing and Conversion Pixels
Conversion pixels allow you to track events, such as a link clicked, where Remarketing pixels allow you to simply keep track of who clicked on those links so you can market to them again later. This guide focuses on the creation of Remarketing Pixels specifically.
How to Create a Remarketing Tracking Pixel
- Log into your Google Adwords account
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click Shared Library, then click Audiences
Choose + Remarketing List to create a new list
In the List Wizard, click the Who to add to your list drop down and choose Visitors of a page with a specific tag
Choose either a tag that you've already created, or click +New Tag
Fill out the rest of the information, then click Save.
On the next screen, Copy the entire code, then head over to your Geniuslink dashboard.
Adding your pixel to Geniuslink
- Log into your Geniuslink account.
- Navigate to the Account page
- Click "Add a Pixel"
- Paste in the code in its entirety and click save.
- Navigate to the links page
- Create a new link
- Under the pixeling section, select the pixel(s) you just created (or add a new one by selecting "Add new pixel...").
- Save the link